Sunday, May 17, 2009

Detox Day 7

Well here it is, Day 7. At the end of this day I feel great but am missing the ability to eat even a small bit of fun food (like cookies, etc.). While I feel much better, look much better and am eating better, I still just hate the discipline of saying no to things that look or smell good. I don't want to live my life saying no to good things, but I have been educated that I can still have them while still eating well. The percentage is easy...80/20. I can follow the rules 80% of the time and still live healthy and wonderful and the other 20% of the time I can enjoy on things. Assuming that I eat 3 meals a day and have 2 snacks each day, I can add "not so great for me" food in 4 of those 21 weekly meals and about 3 not so great for me snacks each week. Hell, that is easy. I will probably never max out my 20% of freedom each week, but it is nice to know that it is there. Will I ever return to my old ways...I sure hope not, and I will try not to. I just am glad that I am more educated now on nutrition and have my personal experience and weight and feelings to prove it. Anyhow, most say the first few days are hardest. I beg to differ. I think they were the easiest and these last few are really hard! But I am going to finish this detox and continue on with this healthier lifestyle.

Anyhow, here is my meals for today...

7:30am........Probiotic Pill, First Cleanse Pill 1, 20oz water
8:30am........Whey Protein Isolate shake w/ ½ banana, 3 strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, ½ TBSP EVOO and 8oz water.
11:30am......2 cups vegetarian chili (red kidney beans, Cannellini Beans, rotell, organic vegetarian chili seasoning, onion, green peppers, Anaheim pepper, V8 juice), 6 oz London broil on the grill with 2 oz ketchup
4:05pm........romaine and spinach salad with ½ avocado, ½ tomato homemade honey mustard dressing, 5oz baked boneless skinless chicken breast
9:00pm.......5oz baked chicken breast, 3 red potatoes fried with onions in olive oil, broccoli
10:30pm......First Cleanse Pill II

I drank about 110oz of water throughout the day today.

No comments: