Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Detox Day 2

So here I am on day 2 of the detox. Other than losing 3 pounds yesterday, I have to say I do not feel much different. She did tell me that the "First Cleanse" pills I am taking might make me feel a bit tired, which they have, but I find that I am tired in the middle of the day usually when I am at home and not doing anything active anyway.

Oops...well, I guess the second part of the cleanse is a little diarrhea. It sort of came unexpected and no, I did not shit myself, but did make a mad dash for the bathroom. Other than that, I feel like I am drinking a ton of water and always having to pee, which smells kind of weird. Not sure if that is due to the "First Cleanse" pills or the food I am consuming, not that the food is so far off what I usually eat, but there is definitely a lot more leafy greens than normal.*

They say the first 2 or three days are the hardest, which it is. That could be due to the fact that I am home and not working to take my mind off it, but due to the "bowel issues" I seem to be facing this afternoon I am glad I am not at work. I guess I need to take "pill II" much earlier to have all this "cleansing" happen before I go to work. Anyhow, here is my food journal so far for today. Again, I will update it with the full stuff before bed tonight. I may take a nap. I am a bit sleepy.

May 12, 2009
8:05am Probiotic Pill
First Cleanse Pill 1
8:45am Whey Protein Isolate shake w/ 1sm banana, 3 strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, ½ TBSP EVOO and 8oz water.
12:30pm romaine and spinach salad with 1 baby cucumber and 1/8c sunflower seeds with EVOO and balsamic vinegar, 2c fresh miso soup with shrimp and broccoli, 25oz water
3pm small banana, more water
5:30pm First Cleanse Pill II, 20 oz Water
6:30pm mustard marinated chicken breast, 3 small red potatoes fried in olive oil with garlic and fresh sage and basil, ½ zucchini, ½ yellow squash, 1 TBSP ketchup, 30oz water
8:30pm grapefruit

I drank a total of 101oz of water throughout the day.

*(Note: I talked with Walter who is not taking the First Cleanse pills and he is eating about the same as I am, and his pee does not smell weird, so I think it is due to the pills.)

No comments: