Friday, May 15, 2009

Detox Day 5

Ok, so I decided I need to take some pictures of the meals that we are eating since when I tell people we are doing a detox they think we are on some crazy macrobiotic, vitamin popping, can't eat anything normal diet. I posted our wonderful burgers from the other day under the detox day 3 heading and will post our breakfast from today. If anyone thinks it is too hard they are crazy! This shit is so good, I really am not missing out on anything. I cannot lie. I have a desire for the occasional cookie and kept seeing pancakes and waffles on TV the other night and really wanted some (it is probably the whole you want what you cannot have or not allowed to have syndrome) but I have survived. Like I said in a previous post, I can see eating like this 80% of the time. It is not going to be a huge change but more a liberating one. As of this morning I have lost 9 pounds. So from Sunday morning til Friday morning (5 days people), I have lost 9 pounds. Not of water weight (I drink like 100oz of water a day) but just by my food metabolizing better and filling up on the right foods. Anyhow, here is our breakfast and the food journal for today.


8:30pm...... Probiotic Pill, First Cleanse Pill 1

9:30am...... 3 egg omelet with onion, green pepper, spinach, topped with salsa. 3 red potatoes fried in EVOO with green peppers and onions with about 2 tbsp ketchup. 30oz water.

2pm.......... 1cup of homemade red lentil and vegetable stew (ingredients: tomatoes, diced celery, red lintel beans, vegetable stock, carrots, spices), romaine and spinach salad with 1 sm tomato and ½ avocado with EVOO and balsamic vinegar

7:15pm .......filet mignon, 3 red potatoes, 7 asparagus spears, red wine reduction, 20 oz water

9:30pm .......strawberries, pears, pineapple

10:30pm ......strawberries, pineapple, apple

11:45pm........First Cleanse Pill II

No comments: