Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Detox Day 10

Well, here it is the end of the detox. I have to say that I am so glad that I did it. It has really made me conscious about my food choices and eating better. I honestly have not missed my grains, not really missed gluten (other than the random desire for pizza or a cookie), I only missed dairy when it came to putting it in my coffee (which as you notice my diary I did not drink the whole detox til yesterday and I tell you, almond milk is NOT a good substitute for it), and sugar, well, I got enough sugar from the fruit smoothie in the morning(but again, the occasional cookie craving). As of this morning, I have lost a total of 12 pounds (I will have to update that number in the morning if it changes). I feel great. I am not hungry. The cost of eating like this is really cheap when you break it down. All in all, I am happy with the whole experience. Will I keep it up. ABSOLUTELY. Will I have dairy and gluten and grains and sugars? TOTALLY! BUT in much more moderation. Well, I figure I will post occasional updates on my new "lifestyle" and hopefully those will come with weight loss numbers, rising energy levels, and a slue of new things I have learned to cook. As for now, it is late and I work in the morning, so here is my food diary for today along with some pictures of our dinner tonight.

9:00am....... Probiotic Pill, First Cleanse Pill 1
10:10am...... Whey Protein Isolate shake w/ ½ banana, 3 strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, ½ TBSP Flax Seed Oil and 8oz water.
1:00pm....... Taco Salad – ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning, romaine lettuce, ½ tomato, ¼ avocado, ¼ cup salsa
1:30pm....... med. Peach
2:00pm....... peanuts
7:00pm....... BBQ pork ribs, yellow squash and zucchini, spinach salad with ½ tomato, carrots, cucumber, green pepper and smokey tomato dressing.
8:30pm....... First Cleanse Pill II
9:00pm....... ½ apple
9:30pm....... peanuts

Today I drank about 90oz of water.

No comments: