Thursday, January 12, 2012

Well, I am off to the a great start

I cannot say today was the easiest day ever. It was a start. Not a very bad start either. So last night while I wrote the last entry I had been baking a cake. I ate the piece of cake I was craving and when Walter came home I insisted he take the rest to work with him today. VERY good choice I my part. Plus, all his people liked the cake. I had the worst allergies today. Cedar fever time in Austin combined with mold allergies I have been dealing with ok....until today. Usually my regimen is to take my Cleratin in the morning with my other vitamins and I have eye drops at work for the scratchy eyes that only seem to surface there. It works. I works pretty good. Today...not so much! I was feeling glazed over in my first meeting at 8am and was getting drowsy in my 9 and 10am meetings. I had to bring out the big guns. BENEDRYL. I had to. It actually woke me up and allowed me to finish my day. I did however come home and take a nice hour and 1/2 nap.

Foodwise I an doing pretty good. I started the morning off with my normal protein shake consisting of a cup of blue berries, 3 strawberries, one banana, a tsp of olive oil and a cup of coconut milk. I added my scoop of protein powder in and blended it all up. I love this breakfast. It keeps me filled until I eat lunch around 11....except today. I swear! What was going on today?? By 10am I was ready to chew my arm off! I normally have a snack or two in my drawer for these moments and when I went there in-between meetings all I found were crackers...WITH GLUTEN! "Well shit!" I thought to myself. So I grabbed my water and started downing that. I drank what I normally drink in a full work day by 11 when I had lunch. I cannot say I was less hungry, but it gave me something to do instead of eat. I have to tell you though, I HAD TO PEE SOOOOO MUCH TODAY! I also switched from drinking coffee to having tea. I am not sure if that is going to last. I really missed my coffee.

So lunch finally arrived and I had some white beans in a chili sauce I have been gnawing on for days and a smoked chicken breast. I was really good and took the skin off the chicken and threw it out! I had a very small salad with it with a little vinegrette. I was good until 3. Then I was ready to gnaw my arm off again. I got home around 3:30pm and was looking for something to eat or snack on. At this time I was super tired too. Too tired to even play my SIMS game on the iPad. I ended up downing a full sleeve of rice crackers (gluten free and under 400 calories for the whole thing) BUT dipped each one in cream cheese. It was good! But now looking back, not the best choice, but not a bad one either.

Right now I am cooking dinner. Tonights menu - baked chicken breast with a root vegetable soup. This soup is awesome. I have turnips, celery root, kolrabi, bock choy, carrot greens, and cabbage in there. Seasoned with some Vegeta and pepper. It smells awesome and it nice a hearty and comforty for the windy cold night we have going on right now. I may have an apple later, but we shall see.

Looking at it, I did not do too bad. I made some good choices and some less than the best ones too. All in all, it was a great start. I hope tomorrow will go as well!

No comments: