Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 4-6...a little late

So I am a bit behind on this. I am not sure what happened. I know I was really tired and did not do it Monday and Tuesday. I think somehow Sunday just got away from me. But I think I am doing pretty well. I did have a little gluten in the form of tortillas. Honestly, I did try to get corn on Monday, but being a holiday, the restaurants supplier was closed. Anyhow, here is the rundown for the past few days:

Sunday:
Breakfast with Walter of breakfast potatoes with very little oil, steamed greens, and eggs. Lunch was at Rudy's BBQ. I went for the lean brisket (yes, I did not get the juicy kind). I also had a sausage and some bean and potato salad. Dinner that night I had been cooking ribs all day and had those with corn and some really AWESOME gluten free cornbread I made. I had maple syrup with the corn bread. I know, not much on cutting back the sugar with that one, but it make it so great!

Monday:
My typical breakfast smoothie, Lunch was left over ribs and a salad with tomatoes, a little feta, and some vinaigrette. Dinner was where I had the gluten. We went to Hugo's and I had 3 margaritas (they are so good there and were only $2.50 each on Monday night) the Dueling Enchiladas (and from their website are: pulled chicken, wrapped in flour tortillas, drenched in salsa verde and roja enchilada sauce. Served with rice and black beans). So not a bad choice. Really good and really fresh. I did ask for corn tortillas instead and their supplier was closed for the holiday. Still goo fresh food though!

Tuesday:
Same breakfast smoothie. Lunch was still some left over ribs and a salad with feta, tomatoes and vinaigrette. Dinner, well we really tried to be good. I cam home and we made some talapia filets broiled with seasoning and fennel tops and lemon. We chopped up some kohlrabi and steamed it for the side and Walter made a lovely salad with carrots, tomatoes and vinaigrette. Then we went shopping. Love World Market! Bought some stools for the new place and finally found chairs for our table that we really like. While we were there we both started getting hungry. AGAIN! If I had not drank the Nile that day, I would have just thought I was dehydrated. Walter agreed, it was more than that. So on our way home we stopped at Taco Cabana and got burritos. Mine was chicken with rice, lettuce, pico and cheese. Again, in a flour tortilla. So gluten again! But very little. Oh..I almost forgot. I had a hand full of peanuts too. It keep me satiated and I was fine the rest of the night. Fortunately it was a few hours before bedtime.

So there it is. I am all caught up and really going to try to do it more daily, but promise I will catch up if I don't.

No comments: