Friday, January 20, 2012

Days 7 & 8 Here I am!


Well, I am a bit off yet again, but there I am to catch up. It is not that I was bad or that I was avoiding this. I actually just was busy and tired.

I admittedly have not been great on the gluten free thing. Yesterday I had more gluten in the form of mini burger buns (work provided lunch) and a piece of dulce de leche cake which was for my birthday celebration at work. Yes, I gave in and had it. So back to my eating for yesterday. I had my usual smoothie (can you tell I like them in the mornings?). For lunch it was mini burgers at work. One was lamb, one veggie, one was turkey and oh yeah, I did have a 4th of beef. It was with some rice crackers (6) and some cheeses that were there also. Dinner was nice really healthy though. I made some chicken thighs (skinless) in red wine with fennel tops to season it.
For the sides I had some steamed spinach seasoned with some fennel powder, cumin and a little garlic salt. Also made some butternut squash and sprinkled some cinnamon on top (picture above). Oh, I did also have some hummus and rice crackers for a snack while waiting for Walter to come home. I didn't do the peanut butter like I did the day before. I was good :).

Today was not horrible. I had eggs with mushrooms and red peppers and some hash browns in the morning. For lunch I made some fresh burgers with some horseradish and smoked salt in them, topped with some blue cheese on a buttermilk bun. Yes, I know..more gluten. I was craving. I had 2 cups of coffee; one at work and one at home since I came home at 10am today. For dinner I attempted to make my mom's waffle recipe using gluten free flours and almond milk. I cannot say it was bad. I was actually surprised how they turned out. Good enough to have 2. One had syrup (and the real 100% maple kind, none of that high fructose corn syrup shit) and the other had organic strawberry jam. I added some "fried" eggs (3) to it. I basically sprayed a nonstick pan with PAM and cooked my eggs that way so they were kind of "fried". I drank water and have been pleasantly full since.

So, I have a problem with gluten. I guess when you cannot have something you want it even more. I have been eating it moderately with I am proud of. I am proud that I pulled the skin off the chicken when I cooked it last night and it was still delicious. I was proud that I did not eat out which meant I had better food and most likely better portions. I was even stopped by a second coworker today to be asked if I was losing weight because she saw my yesterday and was like "WOW'. So it was nice to see my efforts going. Tomorrow is a weigh in day. I will see how it goes. Last time I had lost 2.2 lbs. I am hoping to see more tomorrow, but fear my gluten and bad "pizza choice" might be my downfall this week. In the morning it will be known! Until then...good night.

No comments: