Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 13

So here it is, the final day of trying to be good. What have I learned over the past 13 days? Well, it is really hard to not have gluten sometimes. A burrito is not the same without the flour tortilla. A hamburger, while healthier eating it on a lettuce leaf, is just not the same without the bun. I learned that while I was good a majority of the time, the 20% that I was not did not kill me, it just slowed me down from losing weight, but weight was still lost. I also learned that portion control is up to me, not the restaurant, not Walter, nor anyone else. If I don't want to eat it all in a restaurant, then I will not and take the rest home. I also learned, or better, was reminded that you make really bad food choices when you don't get enough rest, when you are drinking, when you are overly hungry. Avoid those and I you will be better at avoiding bad foods.

So food for today. I had a smoothie. I ran out of almond milk, so it had about 1/4 cup almond milk and the rest water. Bad. It tasted fine, but I was hungry a mere 3 hours later which is not good when I drank it at 6am. I ate a LARA Bar for a snack. Lunch consisted of the last of my awesome pot roast with broccoli and couscous. Dinner I made pasta primavera and added some albacore tuna to it. We each ate 2 helpings. I got a bit snackie later and ate some Love Crunch organic granola. So I weighed myself this morning and gained 2.2 pounds. Here are some more lessons learned...

You can eat what you want, but you gotta burn it off too. Right now, with me not exercising, I'm burning pretty much what I consume. After 13 days, I only lost about a half pound. The times I ate less, I lost, but imagine if I had been burning more too. I can take a log of lessons from this but when it boils down to it, I can eat as healthy as I want, but without exercising to burn off any extra, I am not gonna lose anything more than a few pounds here and there. The moral of the story: move more.

No comments: