Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Catch up for Days 9-12

Well, it was pointed out to me last night that I had not updated my blog. (Thanks Kay!) I had to agree, but I did not realize that it had been since last Friday that I did it. So here it goes....

I have not been really good. I am not sure what is up with me. Stress? Anxiety? Not sure. I have had gluten...too much in the past 4 days. I seem to be doing fine on the sugars, good on the oils (except last night) and soy, well that is easy to not eat since I have not had it in so long (other than when they sneak it into foods). Oddly, I have been eating more dairy than usual. Mostly in the form of cheese. Not massive blocks of cheese by any means, but I usually don't have any, so the small amount I have been ingesting is "more".

So I had weighed myself on Saturday. I lost another half pound bringing me to a full 3 lbs lost by day 9. Healthy amount, and seriously, after the pizza and wings night, I was thrilled to have lost anything!

Now to the food part. Well, Saturday Walter and I ate a nice breakfast of eggs with broccoli, potatoes with onion (and ketchup on top..mmmm), and coffee. We did a little shopping and while out, I was craving burgers, so I bought the stuff to make them. Yes, gluten in the bun. I had to. I made Bleu Cheese Burgers for lunch. They were awesome! Some horseradish and smoked salt mixed with the meat and some bleu cheese melted on top. They rocked. I was full the rest of the day until we went to a friend's house for dinner. She is gluten free so it was easy to avoid gluten there. She had made some cheese stuffed chicken breasts which were delishous. A lovely salad with a strawberry balsamic (no oil), and some risotto. It was so nice. I did enjoy 2 glasses of white wine.

Sunday: well, it was "SUNDAY FUNDAY" and boy was it. It started off at Kerby Lane and I had an Chicken Verde Omlete and on the side some Gluten Free Apple Spice Pancakes. OMG! Those pancakes were amazing! I was shocked they were gluten free. Then we drank. All afternoon and evening. From 2pm until 8pm. According to our receipt, I had 8 mimosas and a Xrated Vodka drink...at the first bar. Second bar I had...shit, I really don't know what I had. I remember there were 2 of them and a shot of butterscotch and something known as a "cocksucker". I did however drink 2 glasses of water there too. I remember that! At the last place, there was a shot again (damn those shots!). Not sure what it was. It was a bartender choice shot. Then another Xrated vodka thingy. I stopped at this point. Mind you, Walter drank exactly the same thing as I did. So take all that I just listed and double it! UGH!! After some sobering up, we headed home. I stopped and got a burrito at Taco Cabana. It was good, but the gluten in the tortilla was...well, gluten. After eating that, we decided we were still starving (mind you, it is 9pm now), and went to Taco Bell and got some burittos, tostadas and chicken soft tacos. Not he best choice of food, but effective.

Monday was a long day. Not only after the booze day we had the day before, but allergies, and effects of Taco Bell. Ugh. I had my smoothie for breakfast. Lunch, well I was not well behaved. I think it was still the after effects of the alcohol escaping my system. I had some smoked sausages and double the side of mac and cheese. OMG! GLUTEN AND CHEESE! Oh it was so good though! I was a little more bad. In the store they had Parmesean Crisps. Basically you throw fresh parm on a skillet and melt it together and make it crispy like a cracker. I bought some of those. I ate half the container. See, no self control 2 days in a row!! For dinner I had made a pot roast. I was behaved and added a side of couscous, fresh broccoli and made a nice gravy for it. I ate a reasonable portion and packaged the rest up for lunch for Tuesday and Wednesday. I had a dessert of baby food; pears and mangos. It was great. Don't judge people. It is a good portion, sweet enough because it is pure fruit, and it is organic.

Tuesday, I woke and had my smoothie. Walter made us cappuccinos too. I was so tired when I got to work that I had to go down and get an energy drink. I got hungry mid-morning so ate the rest of the Parmesean Crisps. Lunch was my awesome pot roast. I had a non-fat milk caramel macchiato in the afternoon (about 240 calories). I was really bitchy yesterday though. I got no sleep. The neighbor above was playing his fucking video games all night and I did not fall asleep until about 2:30. I was up at 5:30. So I was very iritable all day. I am surprized I did not eat the farm! So I stayed at work an hour later because Walter and I carpooled. We headed home. I had nothing planned for dinner so once we sat in traffic, we decided to hit happy hour at NXNW. Ok, here is where I lost it. Gluten and oil. We had 2 beers each (gluten). Got onion rings (oil and gluten), calamari (oil and gluten), and 2 individual pizzas (gluten and if you count the sausage, more oil). We went home and crashed. My spirits were up at this point. Maybe it was a beer, maybe it was not being at work, maybe it was Walter. Who cares though. I sleep well last night.

Today is the last day....of the "trying" part. It definitely is not the last day of doing though. I will sum up tonight how I feel it all went. Until then....

1 comment:

Kay said...

See....I missed that...I look forward to your updates :)
And we all cheat from time to time!