Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day (Warning...Adult Language)

So I woke up this morning and it seemed good. I had a dream that David Beckham was my boyfriend and some bitch at work told me that no one there liked me. I vacuumed the floor and cleaned up the kitchen. Walter left for work and I reminded him to tell his dad happy Father's Day from me. I contemplated what to do and suddenly wanted to do nothing.

I sat around pretty gloomy all day long, not knowing why, and not really caring. I figured it was because I had to work a late shift. I got to work and was talking to a friend there and she brought up she was having a bad day because it was Father's Day. She was estranged from her dad like me (totally different reasons) and she was sick of people asking if she called him or went to visit him. Was this my problem? Is THAT what was getting me down?

As I contemplated that, I thought how a proper "Father's Day" should be. Dad being appreciated. But why would I appreciate my dad? He is an asshole. He is someone I do not even respect or even talk to. Why was I feeling bad over this holiday to celebrate how great dads are. Am I the only one that does not want to celebrate and it effecting me negatively? Why do we celebrate this patriarchy? You know some ego headed "dad" made it up to make sure everyone showed appreciation to his testosterone ridden self. Others fell inline so that they would feel mighty too! What about us who don't have nor want kids? What about the childless women on Mother's Day too? Why do we have to feel bad because of a holiday?

I say to all those who are like me and felt bad today....FUCK FATHER'S DAY! FUCK FEELING BAD because we did not get the best person to fill that roll. Bless those who got a good one or those who have kids who they love and bless them that they will be good fathers! But FUCK if I am going to feel bad because my dad is an asshole, bigot, verbally abusive fucker! (Can you see the rage?) I am taking the power back and I say NO MORE! I will feel bad and like I did not get the best dad NO MORE!

Happy Father's Day to those who ARE fathers, NOT to those who shot some sperm one night and have not cared a bit since!

No comments: