Monday, June 1, 2009

A Beard in Protest

Today is officially 5 months of living in Austin. To date, I have applied for over 90 jobs AND have not been invited to one interview. In protest I am growing a beard.

Some of you are thinking, "Hey, aren't you working at Whole Foods? Didn't you interview for that?" Yes I did, and it was only by my dear friends who already work there pulling so many strings and talking with so many people that that happened and it was not for a job that I actually applied for. Thank the gods that I do have it, and honestly, it is fun and I work with a lot of awesome and talented people. MY POINT however, is that I have not gotten an interview due to any of my diligent and laborious resume sending, application filling out etc. I even had the VP of Marketing at TMA rewrite my resume to make it AWESOME and still no bites. So, in protest (and since I have never been in a position to grow one, always having to stay "clean cut" for work) I am growing a beard. I am not sure how "trimmed" up it will be, not sure if I will just let it grow to look like a mountain man, hell, I am not even sure if I will shave it off once I do find a job (I am actually getting quite fond of it now). All I know is that I am growing it. Walter is not fond of it by the way, but oh well. What can you do. Here is a pic to show how it looks on week 1 of not shaving.

No comments: