Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bohemia Bohemia

Give a boy some freedom and watch him take off...and take off I did. A mere 6 months ago I was clean shaven, suit wearing, wing-tipped shoe toting Stephen Graham...Pit Boss. Take me to a temp job and I was about the same, just with better shoes and more colorful shirts. Put me to work at Whole Foods and I fall into my deepest desire for attire, shorts and t-shirts. Teach me a few things and I lose 30 pounds. Give me the freedom and I grow a beard. Catch me feeling frisky on a day I cut my hair and you now find me with a mohawk! Yes people, the old Steve is back and crackin'! My artistic juices are flowing, my individuality is surfacing again, and I am getting back to my old self!
I feel as if the shackles of conformity were taken off. I am so pleased to be at a job where you can be who you are anyway you want to be. I am pleased to be in a town where people are so open about life and freedom of expression and NOTHING seems to shock them it is great! I am actually quite fond of my new hair style and even temped to trim the sides much shorter, but we will see. You never know what kind of hair will ride up my ass! (singing "Freedom" by George Michael). Gotta love life a bit. Give me a good coffee and a relaxed coffee shop, some good conversation or a good book and life is grand! I am even forgetting how poor we are! I think this is one of the best and liberating decisions of my life!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, Stevie....you don't need no stinking mohawk to be creative. Just like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz..you've always had it in you!

Stephen Graham said...

I know I don't...but I like it! And I know it was always in me..now I am finding it and expressing it more :)