Thursday, July 23, 2009

So Glad I am as open as I am

There have been a few crazy things happening the past little bit that make me so glad for a few things. #1 That I did not hide I was gay and decided to live a life of truth. #2 That I am not anally churchy. #3 That I have friends who love me regardless, better than some of my own family members.

Story #1. So apparently my oldest brother's family came through and stayed for a little at my mom's house. Mind you, I have not seen these people in YEARS, I would reckon about 7 years. I have never even seen one of his children except by a picture my mom has hanging in her office. So I guess while they were hanging out with my oldest sisters kids and my little brother they were making derogatory slurs about their uncle Stephen...me! I was shocked when I heard this and highly offended. I know my brother well enough that I am sure he is not going out of his way to talk about me to his kids or teach them rude things to say about a family member, but my cunt bitch pious skank of a sister in law would. This is also a woman who my best childhood friend saw at church one day and asked for my contact info from and she refused to give it to him because he "didn't want to contact (me) anyhow because (I am) gay." Seriously? I cannot wait for her to burn in hell like she deserves. Thank god that my nieces, who know me and hang out with me and Walter, come to my defense. They stuck up for gay people in genral not understanding the "problem" that my brother's kids felt. They stuck up for me and Walter as did my little brother. Why the hell are people who claim to be so "righteous" so evil? I guess my feelings about "those who preach the loudest end up being the worst" rings true, even with "family". That is ok, because somehow, in the unwritten gay laws, being a gay man, affords me to choose my "family" and disregard those I don't need in my life. I have 2 siblings I love to death and a mother I would do anything for not to mention neices I adore. In addition to that I have so many beautiful friends that span across the country and Europe. What is getting rid of a little trash out of my life gonna hurt.

Story#2 So I am on Facebook the other day and saw a friend from high school make a post about 'fuck" being in the James Blunt song "You're Beautiful". I was intrigued so started reading the posts which included: "I need to delete it off my playlist then" "I don't know why they ruin songs with that stuff" "I think people's IQs are small if they can't think of another word to use than that". My personal though was "FUCKIN' REALLY?" Fuck envokes a feeling that another word cannot conjure up. It expresses a feeling that does not get defined in any other way. It also gets a reaction, like they were giving, that people like to get. One intelligent response was "I thought it was considered poetic now". I was so impressed. I had to add my 2 cents to it and show my shock that they were offended that the "f" word was used and not at the drug reference in the same sentence. One response was that they thought "flying high" was they were so in love with the beauty. REALLY? HOW FUCKING LAME ARE YOU TO NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND A DRUG REFERENCE! Oh, mind you, that response was from a single 35 year old Mormon girl. I guess consider the source. Needless to say, while having coffee last night with friends I decided to share this posting with them which not only started a nice laughter, but a conversation on how lame people really are over the most unimportant things. This made me glad not only that I was gay and did not try to fit into this Mormon mold, but that I am open minded enough to accept people who don't fit into any certain molds. I may judge people to a certain point, but more because they are close minded than for being indiviuals.

Those are my stories and I am sticking to them!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Good for you...out with the trash!

Wendy said...

I still hate the "F" word, and it's not because I'm self-righteous. I just think the use of the word is a cop-out...and that the person who uses it is not creative enough to say what they really mean. It is so overused that it uses it's "power." My opinion.

Your siblings are whacked...and are really the ones who "don't get it." I think their commentary is such a reflection on deep rooted, irrational fears. They should explore where that comes from. How did they get so homophobic and all around weird?

You are loved by me....even if you do say the f word ;-p