Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grateful...

So this move for us posed to be a huge change. Not like everyone would think. While it was a change of time zones, states, surroundings, weather, etc, it is even more of a lifestyle change which I am still adjusting to.

It begins with our living quarters. Our space is limited and that is a huge change. Even when we lived in an apartment, it seems like we had more room. While I am grateful for our place and its fabulous location and inexpensive rent, it is still, after 3 months, difficult to adjust to. For those of you who do not know, we moved from a 2000 sq ft 3 car garage house to an 850 sq ft no garage "house". I think it would not be so bad if we had a garage for storage to allow more space in the house, but we hardly have enough storage for what we need to regularly store. All this in consideration, I am still grateful that we are here and have a nice (other than the sloped floor upstairs) place to reside.

Then there is the money difference. It is a change budgeting and living paycheck to paycheck again, but I am super grateful that we have jobs, especially in this market. I am grateful that we make enough to pay our bills and allow us a few comforts extra. When I saw my first paycheck I was awestruck since I have not seen a check like that in about 6-7 years. I literally laughed when I saw Walter's. It is as if we were just starting out again. We did it once and built up to great salaries and a very comfortable life, we can definitely do it again! Grateful that within a month Walter was able to move from a job that was not particularly his style, to a job which suited him better with more pay and less hours. I am grateful that, while be it a temp job, I am working and bringing in a decent wage. I am super grateful that we found jobs when I have heard of others still looking after 3 or 4 months. I am really grateful for the help that friends have given us in our pursuits of employment, whether they worked out or not.

We are blessed beyond belief; with friends, jobs, a great new city, and everything we need here. When I question if the timing for this move was right, I have to look at the facts; while our lifestyle has sacrificed some, we have been graced with so much more. For all this, I am truly grateful!

No comments: