Monday, March 16, 2009

Ever wish you had a lot of money

I do. Every day. It would make life and decisions so much easier and more difficult at the same time. Here is why I want unlimited money today.

I am at work; a temp job that cannot hire me because of the high cost of the agency fees. I am not hurt, I totally understand the thought behind it. (see the blessing? post). I just feel now that I am in limbo, never knowing when my last day will be here. They assure me that they are going to keep me as long as they can, which, truth be known, may be until the Expo, but with the new person hired, could be until next week. Who knows. I don't and that is what bothers me.

Anyhow, feeling this state of limbo, I was returning from lunch and while in the elevator I had an urgent feeling to just hit the down button and go to my car and go home unannounced. Would the really miss me? I had done all my work for the day, hell, possibly for the week. I actually finished something already that "we will look at in a few weeks". It was not only that, but the feeling of disconnect from the position as well.

Unfortuately for me, I am to damn responsible and actually think things through. As I stood for the eternity which was actually 2 floors I began thinking of all the bills that need to be paid, all the things that would fall behind if we could not pay them, etc etc etc. So I silently returned to my cube, sat down at my computer and attempted to find things to do.

My point now is...if I had the funds to not care, I could have gone home, been doing things that need to be done, and even things that don't but that I want to do. Instead, here I am trying to look busy and typing in my blog!

No comments: