Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Job Hunting

I hate looking for a job. I don't really know of anyone who particularly looks forward to it. It is probably why people stay in jobs they hate for so long or in low paying jobs for so long. Now that the house is all together and the chaos is minimal, we started looking for jobs. I spent a good 6 hours yesterday applying for 3, yes, that's right, 3 jobs. First I would add my resume to the main job searching page. Not that I could just upload it or cut and paste it, no no no. I would do that, then it asks you to reenter all the information again into their "application". So more cutting and pasting and entering addresses and phone numbers. THEN, to my major annoyance, it would direct me to the website of the company to do the exact same thing. So here I go again entering, cutting, pasting etc etc. What a joke. With the technology we have, is there not an easier way? Is there just not some standard we can all use to make it easier? Can't I just fax my resume to you and you look at it like you used to? What if I walk in your office with one in hand and hand it to you? OH WAIT, I CAN'T! More often then not the company info is not listed to avoid seeing you in person! But if you do go in, the lovely secretary directs you to their website to apply. Somehow I thought computers made life easier. For who? It is great for somethings, tedious for others and when it is down departments of companies cannot work and function....so again I ask, for who? Anyhow, the good new is I got 3 positions applied for. That is 1 for every 2 hours I was online. Can't wait to do it again today!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Maybe you can be a software designer and design on-line employment applications ;-)