Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fresh Food! What am I eating here! oh...and WTF is up with Israel!

So our lunch today was so beautiful I had to take pictures and share. It was so colorful and pretty that it just blew my mind. The taste was awesome too. We had hit the farmers market each Saturday and last week there was a medley of lettuce that was intriguing and beautiful so we bought it. It was not til today that we actually tried it. It was mixed with some purple cauliflower, avocado, carrots, tomatoes, and feta cheese. It was wonderful. We added a lime sesame dressing on top of it.
Some of the lettuce were bitter, but the dressing counteracted it and mellowed that out. The tomatoes were vine ripened (not picked green while still on the vine then shipped to the stores where they ripened "on the vine", but picked right from the plant as they should be to get all the beautiful flavors) and the carrots fresh from the ground. It was amazing.

I accompanied mine with a Yellowfin Tuna steak and some more avocado. It was lovely! It is my goal to try to eat more healthy (not that all the Tex-Mex has been helping with that) and according to Walter I have been losing some weight, so that is a nice bonus.

The other day we also went with a friend on a nice nature walk in the area that was beautiful. I am so out of shape that I needed to stop and stretch a few times since my Achilles tendon was so tight from not being active or stretching it (like the dr. said I need to), but it was enjoyable to be outside and doing something. Here is a picture of where we had hiked...
Ok...enough of that good stuff....so WTF is up with Israel bombing the UN storage for all the aid supplies! The fire took out all the food supply and medical supplies! That is so messed up I don't even know what to say about them. They can apologize all they want and say sorry, but that was just bullshit! I don't think we as a country can put up with that shit. I know we are allies, but I think it might be time to reevaluate that. That, to me, should be considered a war crime. Also the fact that they had fired white phosphorus shells into highly populated areas which totally goes against the Geneva Convention! I just cannot believe what is still going on over there. They are saying in the 20 days this has been going on that 5100 people have been injured and over 1100 killed! Thousands of years of conflict...GET OVER IT!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sorry to burst your "it's against the Geneva Convention bubble," but the US isn't exactly the one to step up and stop illegal and terrorist activity. Need I say: Guantanmo Bay, Water Boarding...invading a sovereign nation with no provication. Yeah, the US is going to let that happen. Israel is too controversial...and it would be like the parent saying "do as I do, not as I say." Cool picks of the local quisine.