Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Fat Pants Fit

Ok, so I have not been eating the best in the past week before the trip, but, I did not gain or lose weight. I did however gain weight while on my 4 day whirlwind tour of Jacksonville, Florida. 6.8 pounds to be exact.

I freaked out! I understand that I was sitting for about 32 hours in a car during this 4 day period. I also know that I was sleeping in a bed for 16 hours, traveling while there sitting for about 2.5 hours, dining (and sitting) for about 7 hours, watching TV and playing games (sitting more) for about 10 hours. In a 92 hour period, that leaves about 24.5 hours of activity. That is only about 6 hours a day that I was actually moving. Not necessarily walking, jogging, etc, just not sitting or being stagnant. That is scary. I do more on a normal day at work! Well, I was freaked out enough and decided to list everything that I ate and that was not being burnt off. I have to say, we did pretty well in our choices. There were some bad decisions of food, and I did have one morning while on the road with fast food (just a breakfast sandwich though). Here is my journal of what all I ate on the trip and the morning the preceded it, and the afternoon/evening that followed it. I typed in red the really bad choices...

Florida Trip August 28- September 1st.

@Work Fri

2 piece chicken thigh, German potatoes, 1 potato dumpling, red cabbage, water.

Before drive 2 piece chicken thigh, German potatoes, 2 potato dumpling, and water.


Drive to FL

150 oz cold brew coffee w/ agave nectar & hazelnut milk, 1 Rockstar energy drink, 1 pear, 3 Larabars, cheese puffs, peanuts, water.


w/Sherry

Omelet with cheese, sausage, onion peppers, wheat toast, water.


FL Day 1

2 piece fried gator tail, ¾ crab cake w/ ranch, 16oz rib eye steak, garlic mashed potatoes, Caesar salad, water.

Slice banana cream pie.


FL Day 2

scrambled eggs, fried potatoes w/ yellow peppers and onion and turkey sausage, coffee.

Fried pork chunks (Cuban), Cuban rice & black beans, Cuban bread (5 slices), fried plantain, water.

1 scoop coffee bean ice cream + 3 bites of other flavors.

Veggie platter – carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, AND BAD FOR ME CHEMICALLY FILLED VEGGIE DIP (i.e. “Ranch”).

Grilled steak with sweet potato.

¼ banana cream pie.

3 glasses sangria. (but oh it was good)


FL Day 3

Omelet w/potatoes and sausage, hash browns, coffee w/sugar.

Chicken leg and thigh, roast beef hash, cauliflower au gratin, mushroom penne alfredo, Cuban coffee latte.

Buca anti pasto salad, bread (7-8 sm slices), pasta Romano (penne w/ artichoke, chicken, broccoli and a white wine sauce), chicken alfredo pasta, water.

Drive Home

2 Larabars, 2 blue sky energy drinks, sausage croissant from BK, peanuts, OJ fresh squeezed, sausage kolachi, 1 fruit kolachi, 1 cheese kolachi

@Home

spicy lentils with corn chips, 4 rice crackers, tater tots (way too many) & fry sauce, water

KFC bbq wings (5), KFC 2 wings, 2 thighs (half grilled half extra crispy), mashed potatoes and gravy, 2 biscuits, potato wedges, water


Eating like this made my stomach measurement go up 1 ½ inchs and my weight go up 6.8lbs! IN 4 DAYS!


Anyhow, back on the detox. I will be doing it in line with my friend Phil who is starting it in a few days. I am sure I will feel much better doing it again and will seriously to to stick tighter to it following. I will keep you updated!


No comments: