Sunday, August 16, 2009

Exchange of Intelligence

Nothing excites me more than a nice evening of dinner and conversation. I love being around people who can kick around feelings and ideas. I find myself more edified when I hear how others think and believe and find it often enforces my own beliefs and also causes me to think more and form new views and opinions which will turn into new beliefs.

Tonight was such a night and we had a glorious debate over things such as religion, marriage, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, science, evolution and seasonings. It was stimulating and enjoyable and such a great exchange amongst friends. I love to surround myself with people who not only share their ideas, but are open to new ones. I personally am not overly passionate about any one subject, but find myself open to new ideas and perspectives in many areas. I love to remain open to not judge or nay-say anything, but to question, post new ideas, and cause others to think differently. I am not one to force my ideas but to exchange them so that all are enlightened and can improve on each others views.

I think if we all stopped trying to prove who is right and who is wrong and just listen to each other and take out thinks we can add to our own beliefs that the world would be a better place. We would fight less and improve our minds more. I hope we can all have a delightful exchange of intelligence and accept that others have different views and love that as human beings we have the right to think and believe differently.

2 comments:

BellBookCandleSupply said...

I totally agree with your sentiments that everyone should be open-minded and be intellectual in gaining different perspective whether be it politics, religion etc. From there others will learn to respect different views and opinion.
____________________
Tools & Gifts For Your Spiritual Practice

Anonymous said...

Java Junkie!! I concur!!! We are all connected and it makes the world go around....if we allow it to. Cheers! -Sheri Joi