Thursday, April 23, 2009

More Soul Searching...Does it ever stop?

So another week and more soul searching. I am sure it stemmed from the 5 days off I had in a row. They were boring and I had mostly chores and made up chores to do. So there I was soul searching again. I now wonder, how many times in one's life does one redefine him/herself? I have done this about 6 times in the past 6 months. I still have not figure it out, but I think I am coming close to it. Is it an individual thing? Are some of us just more confused than the rest? OR, are some of us just not willing settle like the rest? I like to think I am the latter, with a little bit of the first.

I admit I am 35 years old and totally confused what I want out of life. Happiness mixed with poverty? Wealth mixed with stress? Anger mixed with just getting by? Can't I just have all in one? A little balance of each (minus the poverty of course). I want to get by, but still have the comfort of extra (some wealth). I want to have a good job that I like, but with a pay that will allow me to have the fun I want to in my free time. Does anything like this exist? Am I just to scared to find it? Do I just not know how to find it? Or do I just happen to be so unsure of myself that I don't attempt to find it? It could be any of those or all. Again, that is what I am trying to find out. I am sure I will figure it out soon. I hope to at least. I just don't want life to pass me by while I am figuring it out.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

John Lennon said, "Life is what happens while you're busing making other plans." In the last year or so, I've been thinking about what I want to do "next." I'm still not quite sure, but I'm trying to cast a wide net...dabble in this and that. I want to have enough on my resume to be marketable with lots of opportunities. I've been doing some teaching, some writing, some selling....getting myself as much exposure and industry knowledge that I can. I'm not looking for an opportunity, but when I do look for one, I want to be ready for it.

Keep keeping on....35 is not old. A friend once told me that there are two reasons you get an advanced degree 1) to make more money and 2) to create networking opportunities.....something to think about.