Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Allergies, Muscle Pain, and Jobless?

Seriously, all in one day it hit. I have allergies so bad right now it is killing me. The irony of it is that the OAK allergens are our right now. Don't find that ironic? Well, I grew up in Thousand Oaks, CA, where, you guessed it, there are thousands of oak trees. I never had allergies there, but in freaking Texas my eyes feel like a bee stung them and they are swollen (feel, not look like). I am nasal spraying twice daily (I know some of you recommending me the Netti pot, but read down to the jobless part, I at least have nasal spray at the moment).

As for the muscle pain, wow, who knew. I did not think I was over working myself at the gym. I know it has been a long time since I have gone and even longer since I have bench pressed anything, but 90 pounds....really? Not like I even did burn outs or anything. Just 3 sets of 15 reps. That was it. Did not feel it that night. Did not feel it the next day, but boy after work it kicked in. It kicked in so bad even a heating pad did not help. I found the icy hot and it helped a bit when I went to bed, but even then I was in pain to move even a little. Listen, I toss and turn all night normally, last night it was a slow move together with and "oww" that kept me and probably Walter awake all night. Finally by 4:30am, after a few hours of broken sleep I just got up and suffered the rest of the morning awake. I finally took some ibuprofen (something I should have done hours earlier) and am making it through the day a bit easier (to strange thoughts of wanting to go back to the gym after work today...and I fricking crazy?). Almost time to pop some more ibuprofen so it can be settled in before I go back.

Oh yeah, I did mention amongst all this that as of Thursday at 5pm I will be jobless too. My temp job is ending 3 weeks early. Lucky me. I am still waiting to hear from Whole Foods about my part time job. I talked to them today and they are still working on the background check, but I was still on her mind. Due to this, it is time to really cut back. Goodbye cable, goodbye DVR, goodbye house phone, goodbye steaks. I am now thinking how to reconfigure the house to get my computer into the downstairs so I can run TV and DVR off of that (since it is equipped). Anyhow, wow, only Tuesday. Wonder what the rest of the week will bring...

No comments: