Friday, February 13, 2009

End of a New Work Week

Well, as dull and often boring as it was, it is the end of my first week back working. It actually has been nice not being at home all the time and admittedly, the fact the money would be going into the bank, is not too bad either.

I am working for the Texas Medical Association in their Marketing and Advertising Department for their monthly publication. It has been interesting and I think that once they get everything figured out (people left and changed positions, so everything is a bit new to everyone) there will be some fun times ahead. I do like those I work with there and everyone else I see is generally very nice. If it turns into something perminant, great! But, the life of a temp is that you learn enough to do your job for the time and unfortunately move on. But there are those chances when the gods are in your favor and you find a great perminant spot at the place you are temping at.

This week was nice, but I do need to get on a more regular activity schedule. Maybe meeting Walter after work at the lake for a walk before we go home and have dinner would be nice. Anyhow, life as a temp.....hummmm Well, better to be bored and get paid for it than to be bored at home and broke! They do swear that things will pick up. I sure hope so!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Yeah...gainful employment is always a good thing...and as for being broke...some of my best memories are being broke..with YOU!