Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Another Holiday in Disarray! But it's O.K.

It seems like just last year (since it was just last year) that my house was in disarray; full of boxes, packing materials, and organized plans and timelines. Well, here I am again doing the same thing. I have things to do and lists of things to check off. Making plans for movers, planning budgets, and calls to make. Gotta change addresses, forward mail, and plan what to hand carry. Oh, on top of this there is the holidays: the work schedules, the shopping, the parties, the get togethers. Seem a little overwhelming. Fortunately I have had to deal with this for the past 3 years. It is nothing new. Something that we are breaking the pattern of (we signed a 15 month lease).

I look forward to 2010. Things seem to go better in even years. The things I am looking forward to are:

-Finding a better paying job. While highly grateful for the job I have and enjoy it most of the time, it is just not a fit for my talents, and I hope to find something that will be.
-Another wonderful year with Walter. We have had some amazing times over the past 9 years. Year ten should bring a whole lot more.
-Travel. I hope to take a vacation this year, as well as visit my mom in Utah, friends in Cali and Las Vegas as well as some local Texas friends.
-Friends. Associating with the great friends I have now and meeting new ones!
-A Wedding. Yes that is right, my sister-in-law is getting married! Excited for that. Trip to Florida is on the horizon for summer!
-Health. With the move, I will now have access to gym equipment. Back to eating better (not that I am doing that bad now) but add exercise into the mix, I will be unstoppable.

Out of the chaos and into 2010 will be exciting! I cannot wait!

No comments: