Saturday, December 13, 2008

Goodbyes to Many Things

When moving such a long distance, it is not just friends you have to say goodbye to, it is places, foods, acquaintances, favorite things. Tonight we went to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, Create. Not only did we get sad farewells from the staff who know us by name, but we had to say a sad farewell to the great food we like to enjoy there. To some it is only burgers, but to us it is a fresh choice to fill our tummys. This is not the only place, there are so many others. Favorite servers who treat us like family when we come in and other staff that know us if only by face but greet us with warm welcomes every time we arrive. I am going to miss Create, Buca di Bepo, our local Fresh and Easy, Zia Records, Trader Joes (and the cuties that work there), our local bar Flex and Walter's favorite, The Griffen. I will miss the people who make our frequenting these places so enjoyable and the friends we have made there. I do look forward to new places to enjoy and experience and the new people we will meet, as we always do.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I miss you already! I can't believe you two leave in under three weeks. I hope that the road treats you well and that as you drive away you look back on only the great times. Safe journey my friend!

Anonymous said...

I know you (Steve) and I haven't seen much of each other in the past few years, but I still consider you a close friend. I remember how we used to go out frequently, then not so frequently, then with month/years in between each visit.

I want to thank you for bringing me out of my shell. I still laugh at all the memories of you and I going out, or doing things together....(i.e. the water bottle, leather pants, oh and let's not forget about "taking out the trash"). If it wasn't for you bringing me out of my shell, I think I would still be the quiet person you first met online. :-)

Please drive safe as you make your way to TX. As you know, I have experience of driving across country, twice (in a 2 year period). If we decide to move out of Vegas (again), then we may have to stop by and visit you guys in Austin.

I hope you update this blog while you are in TX, so we all can see what you and Walter are up to (being cowboys).

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. :-)

Thank you again,
Your friend..."kyle" :-)