Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hurt, Hear-say, and A Dinner Party

The saying "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas" was stolen from my rules for a dinner party. When I have friends over to my house, I expect that any conversation, happenings, ventings, embarrassings, etc. stay at the house party. There are things always said in the company of friends, new or old, that just don' t need to be repeated outside. Repeat them to your spouse/partner/girlfriend/boyfriend, but no one else needs to know especially if it will turn into malicious gossip and hear-say. Somehow if/when this happens, I feel somewhat responsible for the problem. I know I should not, but I am the one with the ecclectic circle of friends who brings them all together, most of them only knowing of each others existance at my home. I thought I was an adult. I thought my friends were adults. I hope we all are adults still. I didn't like Jr. High the first time and I don't want to experience it again.

The rule is officially posted and no longer implied! Come and enjoy our hospitality with no reservations.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh my. Sorry I missed that party! Did it include guys getting naked and jumping in the pool?? Because you know, it's not a party until someone gets naked and jumps in the pool!