Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Street Festivals and I

So I am finding that street festivals thrive in Chicago. There are at least 5 each weekend in different neighborhoods. There is a neighborhood fest, German fest, Polish fest, bacon fest, rib fest, and I could just keep going on and on. The thing about these fests are, they are practically all the same! A street closes down. A company comes in with the same beer and furnishes the booze. And there are some similar over priced foods involved. It is crowded and in my opinion, not that fun.

I think mainly I don't enjoy them because I don't like beer much. So to sit in the heat drinking something I don't enjoy, being in a crowd of people (which I don't like crowds either), and eat food that is not that great and way over priced just doesn't sound that fun to me. I have hit a total of 4 street festivals since I moved here (Plus Gay Pride and Market Days) and I really don't feel the need to do them again. There is always the hope that one will be a little different, but like the Cathedrals of Europe, once you've seen a few, they all tend to look the same after that. Give me a beach day. I'd much rather do that!

No comments: