Thursday, December 26, 2013

No Resolutions, but WORDS to live by in 2014

So it is the end of the year, a time when we reflect and see how the last year went and what we hope for the coming one. Often resolutions are made, forgotten or broken and at the end of the year it feels like a failure. I haven't made resolutions in ages and don't plan on now. What I do plan on doing it defining my year with words. Putting the words out there so that I can live them. It was not easy finding the words. You would think it was easier, it is only a word. I tried to think of one, but found 5. Five words that I want my life to reflect this coming year. There is no order of importance. There is only the meaning of them. So I will attempt to not only list them, but define my vision of what they mean for me.

The 5 Words of 2014

1. Love. It is not that I don't love, or love enough, but I think that I don't show it enough to the people I should show it to. I also feel that I don't accept it as much as I should. So love will not only be for people, but for things. Love can bring happiness and contentment as well.

2. Passion. I feel that in the past many years I have not been passionate about anything. I just go day to day "passionless". When I speak of passion I am talking about those things that make you happy that you do. Some have a passion for baking while others have passion for the outdoors. The thing that you love to do that makes you happy, calm and centered. It is my goal to find the passion again. I love to cook, and maybe it is becoming better. Trying new things. Maybe it will be centered around fitness. I am sure I will find it. This is the year to find it.

3. Adventure. I don't think I am boring by any means. I can get bored, but that is by choice to do nothing at times. I want the things that I do do to be full of adventure. No limit as to how big or small the adventure, but it needs to be amazing! Adventure is defined as "an unusual and exciting, typically hazardous, experience or activity." I need more of this in my life. It doesn't have to be hazardous, but it should be unusual and exciting! More of that this coming year!

4. Live. While this one seems obvious, I think people in general don't do it. I find myself finding it "easier" to sit at home, save money, and do nothing, missing out on some of the living of life. The adventures that I seek to fulfil. It is like when Auntie Mame says, "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" I want to feast this year! Be gluttonous on what we have in this great city I live in, NO, this world we live in!

5. Fearless. I look back to the fun I had in my 20's. I was poor, but experienced so many things. Took a month off to travel Europe, took a trip with my best friend to England on minimal funds, jumped off cliffs, moved on a whim (which we still do) and lived life without fear. No fear of being broke, no fear of not making rent. I just did things and everything worked itself out later. I miss that part of me. I became responsible, which is not bad, but in doing so, I lost that fearless side of myself. I became fearful. I was in a relationship. All my choices were now going to effect me and someone else. What if my choice was a bad one and now 2 people have to suffer the consequences. I am done with being fearful. I left this word at my number 5 for a reason, because it  will be the catalyst to make the other ones work out.

As the last few days of 2013 pass, I will commit these words for 2014 to memory. Retain the meaning of them in my soul. Remember to live them and do it! It will be a revolutionary new year full of me being FEARLESS!

No comments: