Thursday, October 10, 2013

Autumn Has Arrived!

As Autumn is slowing rolling in, it feels as if it is a completely new experience. It has been about 16 years since I experienced the Autumn season. Living in Las Vegas and then Austin didn't lend much to any seasonal change. Sure it cooled down. But rarely was there change in leaf color, days of rain, and snow, well, that was just an anomaly when it did show up for the meer hours it lay on the ground. I am excited for the fall. I am excited for the cool weather, the jackets I get to wear, the colors changing. I am excited for the fall treats like pumpkin everything, soups and stews, grey days that you just want to cuddle under a blanket and watch movies.

I am sure I am romanticizing everything about the fall. I am sure I will crave sunshine soon. I am sure that putting on a jacket will become annoying and warm, then cold, then warm again as I go in and out from the elements. I am liking the romance of the season though. I am basking in it as much as I can until the reality sets in. We went apple picking for the first time to get some fruit for pies. The first pumpkin was purchased for a friend to carve for the very first time. I have been wearing jackets, wanting for scarf shopping, and purchased some gloves in preparation for that first bitter cold day. I must admit, I check the weather each morning as I get dressed to see if I can still wear shorts to work, and I do wear them when I can. My windows at home are more closed than open and I am sure they will be completely shut in the next week or two. The fans and A/C are off too and it is still a nice temperature in the house. This is unusual because in Austin or Vegas, this would not happen until late December or January.

I am excited for this new/old experience to happen. I am basking in it as much as I can. Bring on the season that starts the holidays!!

No comments: