Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Feelings Post Tattoo

So there was something sort of therapeutic about getting this tattoo. I don't feel like a different person, but I do feel different. I feel like I am finally expressing myself and not caring what others will think.

I think that a lot of what held me back from getting a tattoo was the thought of what my mom would say. I know that sounds lame, but that thought is there with so many things. Part of my now does not care. She sees me once or twice a year. It is something she does not agree with, but she doesn't agree with a lot of things in my life: living so far away from her, being gay, not going to church, my facial hair, my haircut, etc. So why do I care about this?

Another thing plaguing me was the permanence of the tattoo. Once its there, it don't go away unless you wanna go through some major pain. That was pretty long term for me. I realized however, that if I liked it, I would never get tired of it.

So back to my feelings post getting it. I feel somehow more confident. I feel a bit more sexy and attractive. I feel a bit more out of the box. Creative. Daring. Rebellious. I feel a little more...me. It is as if the inside me, is now starting to show on the outside. Sure, it started with the Mohawk...but that comes and goes with my mood. This is part of me now. Probably the most expensive piece of art I will ever buy (and the easiest to move). I am excited. I embrace it. I feel like a new chapter has begun!


No comments: