Monday, July 4, 2011

Me and the Coffee Shop

So it has been quite some time since I hit a coffee shop with my laptop. I don't know why I have not taken the time. Maybe it was the unhooking of the laptop from all the stuff on my desk. It could be that I am quite comfortable at home. It might be that I spend so many hours everyday on a computer that last thing I want to do in my free time is spend it on a computer. Whatever it is, it needs to change.

Here I sit at Dominican Joe's sipping on a bottomless cup of coffee, blogging. I am thoroughly enjoying it. No distractions of home. At home, while there is not many things that need to be done, I get distracted. The office is cool and lonely, quiet and boring. There is something about being in a coffee shop that start my juices flowing. I want to write. I want to be creative. I want to do more that just mindlessly surf the web. I miss doing this and need to do it more. Maybe keep my laptop with me so after work I can go do this or just take my work laptop with me so I can do this spur of the moment.

Anyhow, not much of a post in this, just more open thoughts to myself.

No comments: