Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Time For Thanks

Typical, I know. There is just something about the season that makes one reflect on all the things they are thankful for.
So here it goes:
1. I am thankful for Walter still sticking around after all this time. I am reminded from time to time how lucky I am to have a relationship that is so effortless, and have a person with me that supports me and my thoughts, decisions, etc. even though he may not like or agree with some of them. I am lucky that he is willing to learn and evolve just as much as I am and experience new things in life.
2. I really I am thankful for my family even though I do not act like it sometimes. I am even thankful for those family members that are assholes to me. They teach me that you don't always have to love your family, but that you need to accept them for who they are. My family stresses me out, a lot, and teaches me patience and understanding.
3. I am thankful for my life. I am happy with the paths and adventures I have chosen to take and follow and the experiences that I have undergone. I cannot say I live with any regrets, and that I am too thankful for. It is not the way you take to the destination, it is how you enjoy the way you take and that you get to the destination. The destination is always the same, but the road each of us choses to follow is the trip of life, and I am thankful that my trip is adventurous and pleasurable.
4. I am thankful that in these hard economic times I was able to find a job - that I love! - with a company that suits me and my ideals! It gives me pleasure and joy to be part of what I do.
5. I am thankful for those friends; near and far, old and new, passed on and future. Everyone comes into my life for a reason and to teach me something. I am so grateful for all the lessons learned and everything that these people contribute to my journey.
6. I am grateful for knowledge, and the freedom to accept and reject teachings. I am thankful for the ability to be open to new things, thoughts, ideas; that I may be grounded and accepting of others even if my beliefs are different.
7. I am grateful for the growth I have gained personally. Grateful that I can take constructive criticism and work from that to be a better person. I am grateful to those to give it to me honestly, no matter how much it hurts my ego.

I think that sums up about everything. Listing things individually would be frustrating and tedious to me but I think my thanks is listed above. Thank you, whoever you are, who take the time to read my thoughts, rants, challenges. I hope it passes something good to you.

1 comment:

Noel said...

Steve, I think your rants are awesome! And I love to hear all you updates! Keep the blog coming!! Happy Holidays my friend!